Photo credit: “Totti and Christmas tree” by Samikki on Flickr
Pet friendly homes throughout Northern Virginia and the Washington DC metro area should take heed and great care this holiday season to prevent potential disasters and harm to their canine or feline loved ones. Often, in the excitement of decking the halls, putting up trees and lighting candles amongst other holiday activities can produce significant risks to pets in our region.
If you need some recent resources to help you determine how to create a safe holiday environment for your furry loved one, please refer to any of the links below which provide a solid round-up of the latest pet safety advice for this joyful season:
- VetStreet: 8 Holiday Pet-Proofing Tips by Dr. Patty Khuly
- PetMD: Pet Safety Tips for the Holidays — O Christmas Tree, Don’t Hurt My Pet
- International Fund for Animal Welfare: Nine winter tips for keeping your pet safe this holiday season
- Mercola Healthy Pets: Holiday Safety Tips for Pet Lovers
- VCA: Household Hazards – Holiday Safety Tips for Cat Owners
- Jennifer Hennessey, DVM, CVJ: Christmas Tree Safety for Your Santa Paws
- Dogster: Dog Tips — Holiday pet safety checklist
If you have any holiday tips for pet safety we should add to our list, feel free to share them with us iby leaving a comment.